Peeks Through Clouds

An effort to brighten darkness with gentle humor and loving truth... a desire to discern both love and truth more and more clearly when I gaze toward Glory... and a spirit-name, properly descriptive, unrequested but received, my own.

View My Complete Profile

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Why ask why?


Just wondering... why am I embarrassed to admit I can sometimes be brought to a standstill by a glimpse of simple natural beauty? But then I wonder, why are these moments so few? Should we not be routinely awe-struck by creation's everyday declaration of the glory of God? Or are we so jaded that only the exceptional can lift our lethargic spirits? Faith, Brennan Manning says, means to want God, and to want to want nothing else. That speaks of a purity of desire I can only pretend to have... but I can want to move beyond pretending, and I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home