Peeks Through Clouds

An effort to brighten darkness with gentle humor and loving truth... a desire to discern both love and truth more and more clearly when I gaze toward Glory... and a spirit-name, properly descriptive, unrequested but received, my own.

View My Complete Profile

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Name above all names

I see the Pope has now apologized for the hard feelings caused among Muslims by his recent quoting of 14th-century Byzantine emperor Manuel II Paleologos, who said, "Show me just what Mohammed brought that was new, and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached."

I find it interesting that the reaction among Muslims to this fresh airing of a 700-year-old opinion (which the Pope said was not his own) has included fire-bombing several churches, killing a nun and burning the Pope in effigy. I have not yet read of any of Mohammed's followers condemning this violence, or even suggesting that Mohammed himself might not approve.

And note that this violence was a reaction, not an answer. I am still waiting for the revealing of what Mohammed brought that was new, good and humane. Anyone? Anyone?

In the meantime I wait, along with all creation, for the revealing of the sons of God (see Romans 8:19). May I encourage you to stand up, and not be shy about calling a spade a spade? I understand that Islam recognizes Jesus as an honorable prophet of God. That "honorable prophet" told his followers they could recognize false prophets by their fruit. What are the fruits of Islam evident in the world today? Is it only to me that these fruits seem to stink more the closer they fall to the tree?

It is my belief that in that blessed day when every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, Allah will be just like Dagon... proven false, and found face down in the dust before the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. I pray that his followers will continue to be drawn by the Holy Spirit of the living God, until they too know Jesus, the Way, the Truth and the Life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home