Peeks Through Clouds

An effort to brighten darkness with gentle humor and loving truth... a desire to discern both love and truth more and more clearly when I gaze toward Glory... and a spirit-name, properly descriptive, unrequested but received, my own.

View My Complete Profile

Sunday, September 04, 2011

immobility

Am I so trained by shackles
that even when they fall from me
I remain spread-eagled on the wall,
enamored by lines of shadow
between fibers of rotted rope
and the glint of the Light of Life
on broken chains?
How long will I linger
in this clutter, this rubble,
gazing at ruins, wondering,
"Might I miss some wretched crumb,
be it left behind?"  Oh, far behind!
Cursed pile of rusted
grace-shattered links,
you do not confine me;
my hesitant thoughts alone
accomplish that!
Explode in me, O Spirit, O Joy!
Lift me from this heap
on wings like eagles!
Set me once again
to walking
and leaping
and praising God!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home